SECTOR: BUSINESS & LANDLORDS
This large installation project was carried out for Coastline Housing.
The installation included a new commercial plant room with two 100kW Commercial Gas Boilers, to provide heating and hot water for 13 single occupancy apartments and four communal areas.
Coastline Housing Ltd is a social housing provider. The independent, not for profit organisation own and manage around 4,500 homes across the whole of Cornwall.
Blue Flame have worked alongside Coastline Housing for over 15 years delivering a range of heating and electrical services such as annual servicing and maintenance, compliance and installation and upgrades.
This project took place at Garlidna House in Penzance.
What We Delivered
A bespoke centralised heating and hot water solution with individual apartment control.
Each apartment can control the heating independently to service their own individual needs.
New commercial plant room
2x Worcester high efficiency condensing commercial boilers
2 x Unvented hot water cylinders
Distribution pipework and associated safety devices
Heating systems (pipework & radiators) for the 13 individual apartments
Radio frequency controls for 13 individual apartments
Heating systems & controls within communal areas
The project took 5 weeks to complete. It was meticulously planned to cause as little disruption to the tenants as possible.
Each day a team of 8-10 people from Blue Flame carried out the required work. This team included, Technicians, Engineers, Electricians, Builders, Apprentices and an on-site Project Manager.
- Bespoke commercial system design and specification
- Safe removal and disposal of existing heating system
- Commercial gas installation of gas pipework and boilers
- Commercial hot water cylinder installation
- Flue installation and roof work
- Core drilling for new pipework
- Electrical wiring installation
- Pipework installation
- Radiator installation
- Installation and wiring of new controls
- Inspection and testing of each new system
- Full commissioning and warranty registration
- Making good of all disturb surfaces
- Individual customer handover of new systems
- Commercial installation knowledge & expertise
- Fully managed project from start to finish
- Complete health and safety compliance
- High quality products and materials
- Clear pricing and on-budget solutions
- Professional and compassionate team
- Dedicated after sales support and installation warranties
Coastline are proud to manage and invest in this historic building, built 1906 and which is still serving its original purpose for the community of Penzance. A considerable amount of effort went into the design, planning of the heating upgrade to this grand old building and we would like to thank Blue Flame for their hard work. The time was well invested with installation works to the thirteen flats and plant room delivered on schedule over the course of just five weeks. Our customers had nothing but good words to say about the Blue Flame engineers who carried out the work in their flats, and a particular mention for the engineers who spent many hours in the loft as summer temperatures climbed!
“Residents can now look forward to the coming heating season, and many more to follow, confident in the knowledge that energy efficient Worcester Bosch boilers combined with much improved controls will reduce running costs and wastage in communal parts of the building.”
Ralph Retallack, Energy Efficiency Project Manager, Coastline Housing Ltd.
The Blue Flame Team
System Design and Specification